In our Onboarding Workflows guide, we taught you how to create a standard onboarding workflow for your talent to go through to be in your Shortlist.
Welcome to Applicant Onboarding and Recruitment! A new way to recruit, interview, and onboard talent directly into your Shortlist.
Recruitment and Applicant Onboarding adds an additional step to your standard Onboarding Workflow, allowing for initial data collection of candidates to be reviewed and an interview to be scheduled, prior to hiring.
To create your Recruitment and Applicant Onboarding, the first step is to create a new onboarding workflow for your candidates to go through.
Note that Candidtates are a specific talent type that will only be established if the talent comes through a Job Opening that you Set up. We will address setting up Job Openings below. To learn more about Candidates as a Talent Type please see the article here.
As a reminder, here are the stages that you can add to your workflow:
- Data collection - Select this stage to collect information from your talent based on the fields you select.
- Questionnaire - Add a Questionnaire for any additional information that you would like your talent to provide. An example would be a checklist of requirements, prior to completion. Learn how to create a Questionnaire here.
- Interview - Select this stage to have your talent schedule an interview on your integrated calendar. See below for additional information
- Sign agreement - Choose the agreement that you would need your talent to sign during onboarding (ie. NDA)
- Upload document - Request any documents that you would need your talent to upload. Learn how to create Requested Documents here. Please be sure to include an onboarding manager to be notified and make the stage Manual (see below) if your documents require verification.
Again, talent can flow through the on boarding stages in 3 different ways:
- Automatic stage (Default) - Talent will be moved to the next stage automatically once they reached 100% progress
- Manual review stage - Choose this type if you would like to verify their responses first before moving them to the next stage
- Internal stage: This type is visible only to you and your internal team members. Therefore it can be used to record background check information, interview questions, etc. This option is available for Data collection, Questionnaire and Upload document stages.
Creating your Recruitment and Applicant Onboarding workflow.
The below steps should be used as a guide in what to add to your onboarding workflow, prior to hiring your talent. These steps will be much like the Onboarding Workflow guide, except, you will want to consider what is being asked of your candidates, once you decide to hire them.
Add Data collection stage
- Under Stages, click on Data collection
- Add a Stage name
- Select the fields you would like to be a part of this stage
- Ensure any required document uploads are included
- **Add Description, managers, custom messages
Add Questionnaire stage (optional)
- Under Stages, click on Questionnaire
- Add a Stage name
- Add an existing Questionnaire or Create a new set of questions
- Questionnaires can be used for check lists or qualifying questions you don't care to maintain in a talent profile
Add Portfolio creation stage (optional)
- Under Stages, select Portfolio
- Add a Stage name
At this point, you will have what you need to determine whether a Candidate is viable for hire or not. We will get to that process in a moment.
Your next step will be to determine what your candidates will need to do to complete onboarding as a "hired" member of your team. Make sure that you have a new Onboarding Workflow in place for your candidates to complete the remaining onboarding requirements with stages that request:
- Bank Details
- Tax Information
- Signed Agreements
- Additional Data collection/Document uploads
Adding Description, managers, custom messages
Description - Add more information or details regarding the stage the talent is currently on
Managers - Assign an Onboarding Manager - This is an important field if you have documents requiring review as a part of a given stage.
Custom Messages - Define a message to be used when the talent exits the stage. This can be useful for directions or next steps that your talent may need to take.
Learn how to monitor and review your talent's Onboarding progress here.
As mentioned earlier in this article, a candidate can only be created through a Job Opening you create in the Recruitment section of your Shortlist.
Recruitment is made up of two sections:
Candidates: A database of candidates who have registered and begun the applicant onboarding workflow
Job Openings: A list of available positions for candidates to apply to.
A Job Opening is created by clicking "New Job Opening" and filling in the name or job title, description, location, and applied onboarding workflow for those candidates to fill in.
The onboarding workflow selected should match the previously created applicant onboarding workflow, explained above.
Once a Candidate or group of Candidates are ready for hire, your can add them to your network in bulk or one by one:
By selecting "Move to Network" (this copy can be changed to match your needs), you will be prompted to choose what talent type they will be, as they are no longer candidates, as well as what onboarding flow they will need to go through next.
Once moved, you will have effectively hired your candidate!