As an external talent, you can send a message to your client via Shortlist. This keeps all your communications with your client in one place - no more searching through emails for the message you need!
Messages can be sent 3 ways:
- Private message directly from your dashboard
- Post a message to a project discussion board
- Respond to a private message in your project proposal
Send a private message from your dashboard
- Login to your Shortlist dashboard
- Type your message in the Activity section in the middle of your screen and click Send.
When your client responds to your message, you will receive a notification to view the message.
Respond to a private message in your project proposal
The project owner can also send you a private message in your project proposal. When they do, you will receive an email notification with a link to view the message. You can also access the message by navigating to the project in your portal and clicking on the Direct Message tab. Your private reply will then be sent to the project owner.
Post a public message to a project discussion board
Messages posted to a project message board are public and anyone invited to submit a proposal will be able to view the message. This is helpful when asking questions, since chances are others will have the same question as you.
- From your dashboard, navigate to Projects to access the desired project or to view all your projects.
2. Once you have selected the desired project, click the Message Board tab to post a new message or review prior messages.
3. Clicking Post will send a notification to the project owner and other partners invited to the project. They will be able to view and respond to your message.