Custom Field templates allow you to create a template that you will be able to use for new opportunities. This will allow you to create a set of custom fields that you can add to provide more information for your external talents when they submit a proposal, respond to a job opening or task.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Creating custom field templates
- Using custom field templates in opportunities
- Using custom field templates in tasks
- More information
Information provided in custom field templates will remain with the opportunity throughout it's lifecycle, so you can review the information provided for future opportunities!
Creating custom field templates
You can find, add, edit and remove your custom field templates by clicking on the dropdown menu beside your name and navigate to Templates > Custom Field Templates.
Create a new template by clicking on the Create New Template button.
- Provide a name for the template
- Add custom items based on your needs by clicking on the item you want to add
- Set whether your field is Mandatory and visible to your external talent
- Click on Save Template once done
Using custom field templates in opportunities
- Add a new opportunity (job opening or request)
- Enter the needed information (title, etc.)
- Clicking in the field "Custom fields" will bring up previously created templates
- Select your request template
- Once all information has been entered, click Save
If you are creating a job opening, you have two opportunities to add a custom field template - within the opening and within an optional associated task.
Using custom field templates in tasks
- Select the desired project
- Click on the Add new task button
- Provide all the needed information
- Click on Custom Fields Template
- Select your template
- Enter all the information needed then click on Create task when done
Check out this article to learn how to create a task.