Create new custom rates to ensure the cost for each talent and project is tracked correctly.Worksuite allows users to create new rates (edit the name of an existing rate or add a rate type), choose a default one, and then use these rates when creating Tasks.
When creating custom rates, be sure to consider each of the following:
- Talent types - is each type paid the same way, or should there be different rate types for each?
- Project & task types - do you have varied projects that are typically paid using different criteria?
Often, the standard for paying different talent types is varied. For example, a content creation firm may pay copywriters per article, but designers per hour or project.
Creating custom rates
This setting can be done by navigating to Settings -> Custom Rates.
By default, there are going to be 3 rates turned on: Hourly rate / Hours, Daily rate / Days. Weekly rate / Weeks. Out of which, we can select one as a default rate.
The availability of the rates can be changed based on the talent type.
- Available = Internal team members can see/edit this rate
- Visible = Talent can see this rate
- Editable = Talent can edit this rate
Custom Rates in Tasks
Custom rates in Tasks are pulled directly from the rate value in the talent's profile. The rate value selected for the talent will be pulled directly into the task when they are selected.
Use workflows to update rate information in talent profiles.