Branding is essential to your business because of the overall impact it makes on your company. It can shape the way people perceive your brand; it can cultivate new business and expand brand value. We understand the importance of a strong brand identity, and that’s why Shortlist offers the flexibility and customization you need.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Branding your Shortlist Account
- Custom URL
- Custom Branded Emails
Branding your Shortlist Account
Shortlist offers the following options for branding your account:
Ideally .png (if not, .jpg with a white background)
The shape of the logo: Rectangular (~ 1500 width x 300 height)
Color of text in the logo: Non-white (Note: Logo should not have white in it to avoid the text or image blending with the white background.)
Company color theme
Custom emails that include your company's logo and color theme*
Every Shortlist account can be custom branded with the customer's name, logo, and color theme for no additional fee. This is done in the Settings menu. To learn how, please review the article on settings here.
* Custom branded emails and URL are included in our Enterprise plan. For Growth plans, you may purchase the custom branded emails and URL separately or combine them into a single package. Please contact your account manager or send a support ticket to start the process!
Your Shortlist account URL is created in the following format:
Customers can request a custom URL designed to match the company's main URL and direct their freelance talent to the correct location. For example:
How to Get Started
1. To start the process, your Shortlist account manager will need the following information below:
Desired custom URL
Company domain manager's name (this is the person who will approve the certificate requests)
Company domain manager's an email address
2. Once all the details are provided, our Product team will produce the DNS CNAME.
3. The customer's domain manager then creates the CNAME in their domain.
4. The customer confirms with their Shortlist account manager that the CNAME has been created.
5. Shortlist product team to finalize configuration and test the desired custom URL.
6. Once the new custom URL has been tested and verified, the customer will be notified of completion. At this point, the new URL is live!
Please note that this process takes 2-3 weeks to be completed
Custom Branded Emails
All emails sent by the Shortlist platform are based on a set of templates. By default, these templates have the customer's company name in the text and Shortlist branding in the header/footer areas.
Customers can request to update these templates to reflect the company's logo and color theme. This provides a more cohesive feel for internal teammates and external talent. Please see an example below:
Customizable Email Features
Footer link (website, social media links, etc.)
How to Get Started
1. To begin the process, your Shortlist account manager will need the information below.
- Company logo with no background
- HEX colors
- Active links as referenced above
- Font style (if a new style is desired)
- Email address that emails should be sent from (ex. email@example.com)
- Name the emails should be sent from (ex. company name)
2. An implementation specialist will design a sample template based on the information provided and send you a sample for approval.
3. Once the sample is approved, your specialist will design the remaining templates, and Shortlist product team will complete the final configuration for testing.
4. When testing is complete, the new emails are live!
Please note that this process takes 2-3 weeks to be completed.