Workflows give you the ability to have talent progress through customizable and distinct stages, whether they are new talent onboarding for the first time or known talent joining a new project. Stages can be designed to collect information, take actions and ensure compliance!
Workflows are an integral part of the Shortlist platform, and can be used for multiple purposes in different modules. They are designed to be flexible to meet your business needs! Please take some time to review the Workflows Overview article to understand how you can make the best use of this powerful feature.
In this article, we will begin by reviewing the configurable features within workflows. They are customizable to meet the needs of various stages within your talent lifecycle, and it's important to understand your options when building your first workflow.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Stage categories
- Stage settings
- How-to create a workflow
There are three categories of workflow stages that you can add:
- Talent-facing stage - these will be displayed to your talent or candidates as they progress through the workflow, asking them to provide the information you request.
- Internal-facing stage - these will only be visible to your internal team members, and can be used for anything from ensuring compliance to requesting input on the talent. This option is available for Request and Information stages.
- Action stage - This type allows you to automate an action within your on-boarding workflow. Once your talent enters the action stage, the actions you have set will automatically run.
- Bank Details - Select this stage to have your talent enter their bank details
- Tax Information - Add this stage for your talent to enter their tax information
- Portfolio - Select this stage to have your talent show their work and add their portfolio. Learn more about Portfolios here.
- Interview - Select this stage to have your talent schedule an interview on your integrated calendar.
- Sign agreement - Choose the agreement that you would need your talent to sign during onboarding (ie. NDA)
- Information - Information stage is used to pull information from other workflows or opportunities as information for talent to review and accept.
Use case: If you want to collect information in the onboarding process and get it reviewed by the talent, you can use Information stage by pulling data fields from requisition. Talent then reviews the information and data and and click 'Approve' if accepts. The label of the Approve button can be changed. Use case: pull information from a task into the workflow for talent review and acceptance.
- Request Data - Select this stage to collect all talent information in single stage with profile, questionnaire and requested documents. Read more about this powerful feature below.
Data request types
When using the request data stage, you will have the option to define how you want to request information.
- Profile field - this will import the provided information into data fields within the talent's profile.
- Questions - this is a questionnaire style format, and information will be available when reviewing the workflow information.
- Document request - your talent will be asked to upload documents based on your specific requests. You can define the document, request expiration dates, and even require that an internal team member verify validity before it is considered complete.
- Content - this section allows you to provide content for talent to review while completing the workflow. You may want to create a new section, provide explanatory text, upload a video or provide a document for them to review. To learn more about configuring your document for view, read here.
- Request Data - When used internally, this stage type will prompt the assigned internal team member to enter requested information pertaining to the talent.
- Information - Information stage is used to pull information from opportunities as information for talent to review and accept.
- Set Talent Type - Automatically set the type of your talent
- Add to groups - Add your talent to a group automatically
- Set Relationship Manager - Add a relationship manager automatically. Check here for more information regarding Relationship Managers
- Send invitation - Automatically send an invitation to talent who reach this stage
- Assign task - This stage type is specifically used in conjunction with opportunities. If added, it will assign talent to a task associated with the opportunity the workflow is used in.
- Apply workflow - If multiple workflows are needed, this stage will route talent to the next required workflow
Talent can flow through the on boarding stages in 2 different ways:
- Automatic stage (Default) - Talent will be moved to the next stage automatically once they reached 100% progress
- Manual review stage - Choose this type if you would like to verify their responses first before moving them to the next stage
Each stage can be assigned an internal team member who is responsible to monitor or take action on the stage. They will receive email notifications related to actions or completion of the stage requirements.
Custom email messages or SMS messages (if available in your plan) can be sent when a stage is completed, with custom content you create!
You can create custom pop-up messages upon completion of stage. These are beneficial when explaining to a talent what the next steps may be, providing clear instruction or simply thanking them for their time!
Redirect talent to external site
If a stage requires that the talent take action in an external site, you can use this to add the URL of the desired site. This is useful in instances where assessments or additional information needs to be provided.