When registering with your client's Shortlist platform and on-boarding with the requested information, you may be asked to fill out your US Bank Details and Tax Information.
This information is used to ensure that your payments can be effectively processed by your client. Please note that in some cases, your client will need your tax information in the system as shown below. They may also request you to complete a W-9 so that they may keep it on file.
Non-US Bank Accounts: If you are not a US bank account holder, be sure to use the field provided to select the appropriate country designation before entering bank details. This will ensure you are asked to complete the correct information.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction to bank details
The Shortlist Pay Bank Details Form (BDF) allows you to enter and update your bank details as well as check your payability status (If you are "Payable", your information has been entered correctly. If you are not "Payable", there are errors that need to be corrected).
The form has a help sidebar and contextual hints to clearly walk you through the process.
Please note that we are required to collect certain information for regulatory and tax compliance reasons. Protecting your personal information is our top priority which is why we use bank-level security to keep your information safe.
How to complete the bank details form
Here is a short explanation of how the BDF works and how to fill it out properly.
1. Go to Settings -> Bank Details by clicking on the circle with your avatar, then Settings -> Bank details on the left sidebar.
2. Select desired Bank Account Country and Currency from the two top dropdowns.
3. Select options to enter your bank details in the successive fields, which vary in accordance with your country and currency selection.
4. Enter the rest of your bank details according to help sidebar, contextual hints.
5. Provide the address of the recipient (the account holder on record with the bank). Note that these fields do not request the address of your bank.
6. Fill out intermediary account information. Note that this information is optional. Upon completion click on the "Save Changes" button to verify if entered information is valid.
7. After saving your Bank Details you can see a status information box at the top of the form. Blue status indicates that your bank details are verified and you are ready to receive payments, yellow and red statuses are explained below.
8. If any problems have occurred while processing your payment, you will see three kinds of errors on the Payments view as well as on Bank Details Form.
Errors and Issues
Indicates that you will need to provide extra documents (eg. tax or anti-money laundering related) to continue your payment being processed.
Indicates different errors described in the error message, all of them are critical and prevents your payments from being processed.
Red status with "Update Bank Details" button
Indicates that Shortlist was trying to process your payment but it bounced back due to numerous reasons. Adding new expenses and receiving payments is locked until you update your bank details and get a blue payability status.
FAQ - Signing up with an International Bank Account
What is an IBAN?
IBAN (International Bank Account Number) is used as a standard format across the UK, Europe and many other countries to streamline and standardize international payments.
How do I find my IBAN?
If you don't know your IBAN, you should be able to find it by logging on to your online banking or mobile banking, selecting an account, and viewing the account details. It may also be found on your paper account statement.
Will there be an issue if the name on my Shortlist account is different than the name linked to my bank account?
Please make sure the name associated with your Shortlist account also matches your linked bank account. For example, there may be payment delays if your individual name is listed in Shortlist but your bank account is under your business name. If your name in Shortlist does not match the name on your linked bank account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Once you've set your country to be outside of the U.S, you will be able to enter your IBAN or Search for your bank
What should I do if I do not see my bank branch listed in the search results?
Please make sure you have entered the correct city and bank name. You can filter the branch results by searching by routing number (also known as national code or sort code in many countries) or branch address. As long as the national code is correct, you can update the address fields for your branch if needed. If your branch is not showing in the search results, please contact email@example.com and we’ll help you get setup!
Questions & Support
For any questions related to payment status or bank details confirmation, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.