You can schedule invoices to be paid, either on the next pay run or at a future date. The process below provides an overview of scheduling payments with Worksuite Pay. If you are not a Worksuite Pay customer, you can still use the scheduling feature to organize your invoices for your internal payment method.
Invoices can be in 1 of 6 statuses in Worksuite:
- New - a new invoice that has not been approved or scheduled for payment by your internal team.
- Approved - the invoice has been reviewed by your team and approved for payment, but has not yet been scheduled for payment. *If using Worksuite Pay, the invoice must be scheduled in order to be processed.
- Rejected - the invoice has been reviewed and rejected for payment (you can send a note to the talent explaining the reason for rejection).
- Scheduled - the approved invoice has been scheduled by your internal team for payment processing on a specific pay run date. As soon as the date is reached, the invoice will be processed for payment.
- In-flight - the invoice payment has been processed and funds are in process of being transferred to the talent's bank account. This status is only available for Worksuite Pay customers.
- Paid - funds should have reached the talent's bank account. Note that this status is included in the All expenses component.
Invoice scheduling overview
Worksuite Payments Scheduling allows you to organize Approved invoices into one of four upcoming payment processing cycles. Payment processing cycles are weekly and the current cut-off time is 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time on each Friday (times will be displayed in the time zone selected in your Settings).
If you are a Worksuite Payments customer, your Scheduled invoices will be processed starting at 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time on Friday. Funds will be debited from your account on the following business day (most often Monday) and will be deposited into your talent's accounts within 3-5 business days (excluding public/bank holidays).
If you are not a Worksuite Payments customer you can still use Invoice Scheduling to better organize your invoices into payment cycles, and then simply mark them as Paid when needed. If you'd like to learn more about how Worksuite Payments can help make your payments process more efficient, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invoice scheduling process
A new invoice is entered and will be in the New state
You can click on an invoice to Approve or Reject it. For the purposes of this flow, we will approve the invoice. Please note that the more menu (three dots) to the right of the invoice can be used to approve payments as well. Your talent will receive an email to notify them of the payment being approved.
By clicking on the approved invoice, you have the option to schedule that invoice into one of four future payment processing cycles. Please note that the more menu (three dots) to the right of the invoice can also be used to schedule invoices.
You will now see a Scheduled invoice and you have the ability to reschedule, mark as paid, or delete. Please note that the more menu (three dots) to the right of the invoice can be used to re-schedule, mark as paid, and delete invoices.
If you are a Worksuite Payments customer, your invoices will be processed starting at 5:00 PM Pacific Time on each Friday. When complete your invoices will be marked as Paid. Your talent will receive an email notification including a timeline for receiving payments in their accounts.